Monday, May 11, 2015

Homemade Pretzels

Everyone has been asking for my recipe of homemad soft pretzels, so here it is! 

It's so darn easy and fast, you will probably want to make them right away. Like right now. 

I don't blame you. 
I think I might even make them two days in a row. 

It all began because my husband bought me a brand new, gorgeous kitchen aid mixer for Mother's Day, after my old mixer broke! 

It's so pretty. And I'm totally obsessing. 

Anyways. Typically with a pretzel recipe you must do a baking soda bath, but with these you can skip that step. Which is super amazing because sometimes you over do the bath and end up with some metallic tasting pretzels (YUCK)! 

Ingredients: 

1.5 cups warm water 
2 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast 
1 tablespoon sugar 
1 teaspoon salt 
3 3/4 cups flour 
1 egg, beaten 

Directions: 

In a large bowl (stand mixer) add water, yeast and sugar. 

Let dissolve for about ten minutes until the yeast mixture gets a little frothy. 

Add the salt, add flour one cup at a time while mixing on the lowest setting. 

Knead dough with dough hooks for a couple minutes. Be sure it isn't too sticky! 

Divide, roll, cut into bites or form into pretzels! Brush egg over tops. Sprinkle with salt, or cinnamon sugar! 

Bake for 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the tops. 

Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric