Thursday, January 1, 2015

Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake

Hello readers!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas with their families and friends. We sure did! I took a little break from writing while my husband was home from work so that I could spend all my free time with my two favorite people!
I know that this time of year is when we are all thinking of life style changes. For most this means changing what you are eating. However, I can't resist sharing this recipe with you. It is so easy, it's ridiculous. Plus it is delicious.
Like most other sane humans, I love salted caramel. I have been making this cake with regular caramel for years, but recently came to the realization that adding salt would make it even better, somehow!
Typically I make everything from scratch, but this one is not the case. Some people prefer that, and it makes it so easy and fast to whip together, but this cake tastes like you spent all day working on it!
I hope you enjoy this indulgence, even though I am sure you wish I wasn't sharing it with you right now!

Ingredients:

1 box chocolate cake (I use Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge) 
3 eggs
1 1/4 C. hot water
1/2 C. coconut oil
1 box chocolate pudding powder
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar salted caramel sauce 
Sea salt (I use pink Himalayan)


Melt the coconut oil into the hot water. 
You could use vegetable oil as well, I just prefer coconut oil. 

Add the water/oil mixture to the cake mix and dry pudding powder. 
Beat in the eggs.

Pour batter into buttered or greased pan. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Check with a fork or toothpick to be sure it is cooked completely. 

Let the cake cool for at least 20 minutes. Using a fork, poke holes halfway through, all over the top of the cake! You need it to be completely cooled for this part. 

Mix the caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk together. I usually add an extra pinch or two of salt! Because I love it!

Pour all that delicious mixture over the cake. It will seep through all those little poke holes. 

YUM. 

Again, I add a layer of salt to the top! You don't have to add that much though. I might be a bit obsessed. 
It is SO GOOD! 
The longer you let the sauce settle, the better. I personally think this cake is best the next day! 
Yeah. Not the prettiest photo, but this is all I could get after people devoured it last night! 

Please forgive me for sharing this MUST MAKE recipe with you. And making it so easy that you will have to go make it today. Oops. 

It's so worth it. I promise. 

Enjoy! 

Happy new year! 
Chelsea



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric