Thursday, January 29, 2015

BLW Recipe: Healthy Strawberry Muffins

Sometimes it can be hard to find things to feed your baby. Lately I have been feeling bad for always feeding Amelia eggs or oatmeal every day for breakfast. I mix up the fruit she has and sometimes  I will make french toast or regular toast too. But it is a very small rotation of food, and I really wanted to give her more options.

I have made several things with coconut flour before, mostly for Amelia, and each time it turns out horrible. I made her teething biscuits once and they tastes like sand and basically crumbled into sand when you touched them. It was frustrating, and I have this big bag of coconut flour I haven't known what to do with. So I decided to try once again, but blend it with regular flour, and see how it went. I also decided to make my own recipe, as all that I have tried out there SUCK!

I am still super excited at how amazing these muffins turned out! They were so easy, and fast to make too! I am thrilled to be able to share the recipe with my readers and I hope you guys love them as much as I do! These are super healthy (they ARE for you baby/child, but I have had some and so has my husband!) which makes them even better! I refuse to give anything to Amelia that isn't as healthy and whole as possible. Most of my ingredients are organic, GMO free.



Ingredients:

1 C. organic chopped strawberries
1 C. whole wheat flour
1/2 C. organic coconut flour
1 egg (we only use organic, cage free)
1/2 C. organic half and half
1/4 C. warm water
1/4 C. organic coconut oil

Melt the coconut oil into the warm water, add half and half, and egg. Mix well
Add flours and fold strawberries in.



Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.





Amelia LOVES these, and devours them when I give her some! I hope your little one likes them as well!



xo,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric