Monday, December 15, 2014

Birth Affirmations

Birth affirmations are so useful and helpful in coping with labor and contractions. I wasn't sure if I would use my visuals very much during labor, but I ended up using them a ton. I was so thankful that I had them. We set them up so that in every spot I was in, I would be able to see one of them if I wanted.

These were all made at my blessingway. This was my favorite. It is supposed to resemble the body opening like a blooming flower to birth the baby. This is a really great visual, and is used all the time in hypnobirthing.
I honestly stared at this, repeating affirmations to myself, during most of my final contractions. 

There is also this really fabulous video of blooming flowers. I listened to my hypnobirthing tracks while watching videos like this one.

Having photos of blooming flowers in the room while you are laboring is a wonderful reminder of what your body is doing. I think it is such a beautiful way to see it.

Here are some of my other posters I used.

I loved this. The "C" encircling the "A" is Amelia inside me. Doesn't get any sweeter!

I really love this quote, and seeing it several times during labor was so beneficial. I really needed to be reminded of my strength at times I felt too tired to continue. 

I made this one for myself. The counting really works, and is a big practice in hypnobirthing. 

Here is a list of affirmations you can use to make posters, or just to repeat to yourself! 
  •  My body is not a lemon
  • I am strong, capable, calm, loving, relaxed, open. 
  • I trust my body. 
  • I trust my baby to know what to do. 
  • My baby's size is  perfect for my body. 
  • I am aware. 
  • With each surge, my baby is closer to being in my arms. 
  • She believed she could, so she did. 
  • I trust in my ability to birth my baby. 
  • My body was made to give birth. 
  • I am prepared. 
  • I am working with my body and my baby, not against them.
  • I release my birthing over to my body and my baby. 
  • The only way out is through. 
  • I choose to feel safe, so that my baby feels safe. 
  • I am powerful. 
  • I am in complete control. 
  • I deserve this experience.
  • My body will open like a flower to welcome my baby. 
  • I am full of optimism and positive thoughts. 
  • Birth without fear. 
  • I am secure in my pregnancy, and my birth. 
  • I will listen to my body. 
  • I feel like a goddess. 
  • Surges require all of my attention. 
  • My body knows how to birth my baby, just as it knows how to grow this baby. 
  • I relax and let birth happen. 
  • My body opens easily and naturally. 
  • I honor the sensations of birth and let my baby move down. 
  • As my baby descends, I release my body to this birth.
  • My body and my baby are the perfect team. 
  • I surrender fully and completely to my birth. 
  • I am blessed to give birth to my baby. 
  • My baby is happy and healthy. 
  • I will follow my instincts and birth the way my body tells me to.
  • I feel the strong waves of labor, and I know this it is good and natural. 
  • I relax my mind and my muscles. 
  • I breathe slowly and relaxed. 
  • I am not afraid. 
  • Strong surges mean good progression.
  • I was born to do this. 
  • Soon my baby will be in my arms. 
  • I exhale all tension. 
  • I inhale energy and positivity. 
  • I prayed for this child, and the Lord granted me what I asked of Him. 
  • My baby is positioned perfectly for a smooth birth. 
  • I feel at ease. 
  • I can get through anything. 
  • I am so excited to birth my baby. 
  • My body opens, my mind quiets, and my baby descends. 
  • My birth is easy!
  • I embrace the wisdom of my baby.
  • Birth is safe for me and my baby.
  • I allow love to flow through me and my baby. 
  • My body achieves what my mind believes. 
  • I welcome each surge with joy and ease. 
  • I am so ready. 
  • I am so capable. 
  • My baby is ready.
  • We can do this. 
  • You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. 
  • I surrender to the amazing and powerful sensations that are happening within me. 
  • I am focused on my calm and gentle birth. 
  • I will birth my baby with ease.
  • I am confident. 
  • My baby gently moves along his/her journey. 
  • I welcome my baby. 
  • I am at peace. 
  • I have patience as my baby comes at his/her own timing. 
  • I speak and think positively.
  • This is just a moment. 
There are so many affirmations, but these are a few of my favorites that I personally used and found helpful. 

Share your favorite birthing affirmations in the comments below! 

Thanks for reading! 

xo, 
Chelsea



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric