Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Ugh. 

That about sums it up. IVs, medications, herbs, every remedy in the book, and nothing helps. I'm so grateful that I didn't end up in the hospital, but I did spend the majority of my pregnant months in bed, on the couch, and stuck on the bathroom floor. 



It's not pretty. And it's not normal morning sickness. I'm almost to the end, and I still get bad days, bad hours, and bad weeks. I still get nauseous at least once a day. I admire the strength of the women who have it worse than I do. Or those women who have done it so many times. It's not easy to stay strong and keep fighting and keep yourself healthy. 

If you are struggling with this illness, know you're not alone. I know it feels that way so often because it's not common and many people don't understand it or even know what it is! Let's change that. Let's share our stories and not be ashamed that we are struggling to get through each day. Stand together and support each other. Sometimes that's all we need! 

I recently wrote an article on HG for xoJane. You can read it here: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/hyperemesis-gravidarum-pregnancy


xo 

Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric